a long time

I have been meaning to write for a long time and make comments as I've been reading every day, but alas the busyness of the end of a school year has taken over, so here I am weeks later, hoping I'm not too late.

Sarala, I have been enjoying your Meditations Food For the Soul posts very much. It's an inspiring way to start off my work day!
And it's funny how things work. My center leader who is not in the computer world and who does not read this site suddenly out of the blue rediscovered this lovely book and we have been using it for the last several meditations as our pass around read out loud part of the meditation. There must be something of this book floating around in the ether.

Kamalakanta, I always enjoy your posts of your new song arrangements, and when you start posting aphorisms and talks on a theme.
Guru wrote so much that it's just impossible to read through it all, but it's great that we have people like you who will pore through Guru's works and pinpoint timely messages for us.
Also thank you for your encouragement of my new musical adventure which I will write about in another post.

And Doris. I sympathise with your situation.
I was in NY the other weekend for a short visit, and received the following aphorism on my take out bag from Annam Brahma. I immediately thought of you and one of your recent posts. But it's a good message for us all.

"Do not allow circumstances to frighten you.
Do not allow situations to torture you.
Look beyond the appearances.
Yours will be the unmistakable happiness."

Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

I hope that things start looking up for you:)

And on a completely OT note...

It's a very exciting day in my city as it will be announced at 11:00am today, that after 15 years we are getting our NHL (National Hockey League) team back. I know that probably doesn't mean much to most of you out there, but for a good Canadian girl and die hard hockey fan who grew up watching the Toronto Maple Leafs play at Maple Leaf Gardens, this is indeed a happy day!

I hope everyone has a lovely day:)

Purnakama

Hallo Purnakama, such a nice post...

It was very kind of you to think of me... (oh, I was sneezing a few times! :-))

The aphorism you posted did help me as I was, indeed, in a situation that frightened me, but that is another story. Especially the outer world situation at times frightens me. The aphorism served as a strong confirmation of what I read in Guru's book "Earth's Cry Meets Heaven's Smile", Part 3, (excerpt):

The question was: "Does evil have a real existence?"

"...In India there is a philosophy called Vedanta philosophy. The followers or practitioners of that philosophy are not satisfied even with calling it ignorance; they will say that it is a mere obstacle in our path. What you call evil, what I call ignorance, they call an impediment, an obstacle in our way to absolute oneness with God.

"...So if you take evil in the sense of ignorance or an obstruction on earth, it does exist. But if you say that evil is something very dark or dangerous, like a roaring lion wanting to devour us at every moment, standing right against the Divine Will, a demon or a hostile force incarnate, it is not like that. It is only the play of ignorance in the lower planes of consciousness that we see. We use various terms to describe it. In the highest world, the spiritual world, there is no evil and God Himself has not created any evil. God had created only Good, Light, Peace and Bliss."

http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0412/18/5

Doris

P.S. I am not into hockey but I can easily comprehend your happiness...

Lovely post Purnakama. Glad you like the Meditations: Food for the Soul. I never heard of the series until I bumped into it 'accidentally' on the library page. Funny how that seems to happen; it's in the ether as you say, and many people catch on at the
same time. Hmmm! Sarala